Interlibrary loan requests from non-KICNET libraries may be placed through SCKLS. Shipping will be direct between lending and borrowing locations. Contact Katherine Williams for your institution’s login information.
These instructions are for SCKLS member librarians ONLY - individual patrons must contact their local library to place a request.
- Enter your login information.
- Perform your search on the Advanced Search page.
- When you find the item to request for your patron, click on the format you need, then click the "Request This Item Button." A request form window will open.
- In the request window, verify that this is the correct item. Your library contact information will be automatically filled in, but you need to put your COMPLETE shipping address into the borrower's notes field.
***Do not change the Need By date.***
- Click Submit. Print the completed request form, write your patron's name and contact information on it, and file with your other pending ILL requests.
- The request will be routed through SCKLS, and will be filled by the first lender at which the item is available.
- When you receive the requested item at your library, fill out the Interlibrary Loan Items Received Form, indicating your library name and the Request Number and Title for each item. Click on submit and the form will be sent to SCKLS. To report more than three items received at a time, you will have to fill out an additional form.
- When you return an interlibrary loan item back to a lending library, fill out the Interlibrary Loan Items Returned Form. Enter your library name and the Request Number and Title for each item. Click submit and the form will be sent to SCKLS. To report more than three items returned at a time, you will have to fill out an additional form.
For training, please contact Katherine Williams