Sources for E-books/E-readers
- Kindle – You can find the user’s guide for every model of Kindle here. It’s located on Amazon’s Kindle Help pages, another great source of information if you’ve got a Kindle question.
- Nook – Here is a chart with the currently available Nook models. You can compare the features and technical specifications.
- iPad – Apple breaks down the differences between the iPad models. Visit this page to learn about setting up a new iPad, and other useful help topics.
- Kobo – A comparison chart with features for all of the currently available Kobo eReaders, as well as a link to their user and quick start guides.
- E-reader Resources – Information on a variety of e-readers with links to each type in order to compare their functionalities.
State library resources & local paid content
Local Overdrive Options
The following SCKLS Member Public Libraries have chosen to contract independently or as a group with Overdrive for e-content:
State Library of Kansas
The State Library has audiobooks and ebooks available for checkout. Visit their site for more information.
Copyright and Licensing Issues
The license agreements for e-content override copyright permissions.