Grant Information & Forms
The South Central Kansas Library System (SCKLS) Automation Grant Program started in 2003 in an effort to assist the SCKLS membership with first-time, upgrade, system migration and data enhancement automation projects. Beginning in 2017, this grant distributes $30,000 per year in maximum $10,000 matching grants. The grants are aimed at assisting libraries with technology purchases related to automation projects. Eligible items are listed in the grant Guidelines.
Beginning in 2017 the Automation Grant runs in three rounds annually. Please see the timelines below for the dates of each round. A round ends as soon as the funding limit of $10,000 per round is reached OR on the closing date of the grant round. Please see the Guidelines
for more information.
Member libraries may apply for matching grants of up to $10,000.
- Libraries are eligible to receive only one automation grant of $5,000 or less per calendar year.
- Automation grants between $5,001 and $10,000 will only be awarded every other year. Libraries that receive grants between $5,001 and $10,000 will not be eligible to apply for the Automation Grant in the following calendar year.
- School districts and libraries with more than one branch are considered a single entity and can only submit one request per agency per year.
Quotes for the items being requested must accompany your automation grant. You can click here to view the standard configurations available through SCKLS
. If you are requesting one of those standard configurations, you may print and use that page as the quote accompanying your application. Please note that as with all quotes, these are estimates only and that pricing at the time of order may vary. If your item is from your own vendor, please contact them for the quote. If you would like help getting a quote from an automation vendor, please contact Lisa Sharbaugh
Timeline - Round 1 of 2019
- Opens: February 6, 2019
- Closes: April 12, 2019
- Award: May 10, 2019
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made between January 1, 2019 through November 16, 2019
- Copy of final paid receipts due: November 16, 2019
Timeline - Round 2 of 2019
- Opens: May 14, 2019
- Closes: August 9, 2019
- Award: August 30, 2019
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made between January 1, 2019 through March 2, 2020
- Copy of final paid receipts due: March 2, 2020
Timeline - Round 3 of 2019
- Opens: October 2, 2019
- Closes: December 6, 2019
- Award: December 20, 2019
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made between January 1, 2019 through July 1, 2020
- Copy of final paid receipts due: July 1, 2020
Pertinent Dates from Previous Rounds
Have a question? Contact the Automation Grant Manager
- 2018 Round 2
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made between January 1, 2018 through March 1, 2019
- Copy of final paid receipts due: March 1, 2019
- 2018 Round 3
- Eligible purchase(s) must be made between January 1, 2018 through July 5, 2019
- Copy of final paid receipts due: July 5, 2019